Town Supervisor

jaime solo bench (1)ResponsibilitiesAs Chief Executive Officer of the Town, the Supervisor directs the day-to-day activities of Town affairs and coordinates the activities of Town department heads; establishes the standing committees of the Town Board and designates chairpersons and membership. The Town Supervisor selects and appoints the Deputy Supervisor and the Town Historian. The Supervisor, as chief fiscal officer, is responsible for overseeing the budget process and the Town’s financial management.

staff contacts
Erin Cassady-Dorion Confidential Secretary

Contact Info
Office Phone:
(518) 386-4523
(518) 386-4592
One Niskayuna Circle
Niskayuna, NY 12309
United States
See map: Google Maps
Hours of Operation:
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Who picks up my garbage?
Residents need to contract with commercial garbage haulers. There are four companies currently licensed to haul garbage in Niskayuna. They are:

  • Casella Waste Management of NY, Inc. 136 Sicker Road Latham, NY  12110 518-517-6766
  • County Waste & Recycling Service, Inc. PO Box 431 Clifton Park, NY  12065 518-877-7007  
  • Waste Management of NY100 Boat Street Albany, NY  12202 844-279-2502
  • Consolidated Waste Services, LLC DBA Twin Bridges; Advantage Disposal; Jim's Roll Off. 4 Enterprise Ave. Clifton Park, NY 12065 518-267-3400
The Niskayuna Recycling and Transfer Center is also available to Town Residents.
I just moved into my home and was told that I need to report the current water meter reading. Who do I call?
Contact the Water Department at (518) 377-8411.
When do tax bills come in the mail?
Property tax bills are mailed the first week of January and are usually due by the end of January. School taxes are mailed the first week of September and are due by the end of September.
Where is my deed filed?
Deeds are always filed with your local County Clerk. You may contact Schenectady County Clerk at (518) 388-4220 or visit at 620 State Street in Schenectady.
How do I get a certificate of residence?
You must go to your local County Finance Commissioner’s office for certificates of residence. In Schenectady County, the office is at 620 State Street (phone 388-4266).
Where do I register to vote?
Voter registration for all Niskayuna residents is through the Schenectady County Board of Elections
What are your hours?
Niskayuna Town Hall hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Where are your offices?
Niskayuna Town Hall is on Nott Street East off Balltown Road. If you are coming from the direction of Rte. 7, you will go right onto Nott Street East. If you are coming from the direction of the Rexford Bridge, go left onto Nott Street East (at the Mobil Station). The building is on the left after ShopRight shopping center.